Sweet potatoes are absolutely the world’s most wonderful food gift from above!Not only is this super food packed with tons of Vitamin A, fiber, and potassium… but they actually taste ah-maaaazing, too!
There is something about the zesty bite from the cilantro and green onion that creates an impeccable balance with the skillet sweet potatoes. Ultimate match made in heaven.
Easy Skillet Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro Recipe
Easy skillet sweet potatoes make a quick side dish for any meal! This simple sweet potato recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy-free, paleo and vegan.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 5 c sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ½ - inch cubes
- 1 c sweet onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ c cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ c green onions finely chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add sweet potatoes and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining olive oil and onions. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover skillet with a lid. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove lid and add garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, increase heat back to medium and cook for 4-6 minutes more.
- *If you would like your sweet potatoes to be slightly crispy you can increase your heat to medium-high during the last two minutes of cooking. Be sure to keep an eye on the sweet potatoes so they do not burn!*
- Just before serving sprinkle skillet sweet potatoes with cilantro, green onions and additional salt/pepper if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted : EASY SKILLET SWEET POTATOES WITH CILANTRO @ evolvingtable