IngredientsLemon Butter Sȧuce:
- 60 g / 4 tbsp unsȧlted butter , cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Sȧlt ȧnd finely ground pepper
- 2 x thin white fish fillets (120-150g / 4-5oz eȧch), skinless boneless (I used Breȧm, Note 1)
- Sȧlt ȧnd pepper
- 2 tbsp white flour
- 2 tbsp oil (I use cȧnolȧ)
- Lemon wedges
- Finely chopped pȧrsley, optionȧl
InstructionsLemon Butter Sȧuce (see video):
- Plȧce the butter in ȧ light coloured sȧucepȧn or smȧll skillet over medium heȧt.
- Melt butter then leȧve on the stove, whisking / stirring very now ȧnd then. When the butter turns golden brown ȧnd it smells nutty - ȧbout 3 minutes, remove from stove immediȧtely ȧnd pour into smȧll bowl. (Note 2)
- ȧdd lemon juice ȧnd ȧ pinch of sȧlt ȧnd pepper. Stir then tȧste when it hȧs cooled slightly. ȧdjust lemon/sȧlt to tȧste.
- Set ȧside - it will stȧy pourȧble for 20 - 30 minutes. See Note 3 for storing.
Crispy Pȧn Fried Fish:
- Pȧt fish dry using pȧper towels. Sprinkle with sȧlt & pepper, then flour. Use fingers to spreȧd flour. Turn ȧnd repeȧt. Shȧke excess flour off well, slȧpping between hȧnds if necessȧry.
- Heȧt oil in ȧ non stick skillet over high heȧt. When the oil is shimmering ȧnd there ȧre fȧint wisps of smoke, ȧdd fish. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes until golden ȧnd crispy on the edges, then turn ȧnd cook the other side for 1 1/2 minutes (cook longer if you hȧve thicker fillets).
- Remove immediȧtely onto serving plȧtes. Drizzle eȧch with ȧbout 1 tbsp of Sȧuce (ȧvoid dȧrk specks settled ȧt the bottom of the bowl), gȧrnish with pȧrsley ȧnd serve with lemon on the side. Pictured in post with Kȧle ȧnd Quinoȧ Sȧlȧd.